Watching ESPN+ but have the subtitles on and don’t know how to turn them off? In this guide we show you how to turn off the subtitles on ESPN plus.
ESPN Plus has emerged as a popular streaming platform for sports enthusiasts, offering an array of live games, original shows, and exclusive content. While the platform provides a seamless viewing experience, some users might find themselves searching for ways to turn off subtitles, which can occasionally appear during live events or recorded content.
Step 1: Accessing the ESPN Plus Platform
Before you can make any changes to the subtitle settings, ensure that you have access to the ESPN Plus platform. This might involve downloading the ESPN app on your preferred device or accessing the ESPN Plus website through your internet browser. Once you’ve logged in to your account, you’ll be ready to navigate through the settings.
Step 2: Navigating to the Settings
- On the ESPN Plus homepage, look for an icon resembling a profile silhouette or initials. This is usually located at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on this icon to access your account settings.
- Within the account settings, you might find an option called “Settings,” “Preferences,” or a similar term. Click on this option to proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Adjusting Subtitle Settings
- In the settings menu, search for an option related to “Accessibility” or “Language.” This is where you are likely to find the subtitle settings.
- Within the accessibility or language settings, you should find an option that allows you to toggle subtitles on or off. The wording may differ slightly depending on the device you’re using, but it generally states “Subtitles” or “Closed Captions.”
- Toggle the subtitles to the “Off” position. This action should immediately disable any subtitles or closed captions that might appear during your ESPN Plus content.
Step 4: Confirming Your Changes
- After turning off the subtitles, it’s a good idea to play a short video or access a live event to ensure that the changes have been successfully implemented.
- If the subtitles are no longer appearing, then congratulations – you’ve successfully turned off the subtitles on ESPN+
Step 5: Additional Tips
- Device-Specific Variations: Keep in mind that the steps outlined above might have slight variations depending on the device you’re using. For instance, accessing settings on a smartphone might differ from doing so on a smart TV or a computer.
- Updates and Interface Changes: Streaming platforms often update their interfaces to improve user experience. If you can’t find the settings as described, consult the platform’s help center or customer support for the most up-to-date instructions.
- Contacting Customer Support: If you encounter any issues or are unable to locate the subtitle settings, don’t hesitate to reach out to ESPN Plus customer support. They can guide you through the process and troubleshoot any problems you might be experiencing.
Disabling subtitles on ESPN+is a straightforward process that ensures you can enjoy your sports content without any textual distractions. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you’ll be able to easily toggle off subtitles and focus solely on the excitement of the game. Remember that while the general process is consistent across devices, there might be slight variations based on the specific platform you’re using. In case of any challenges, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from the platform’s customer support for a seamless viewing experience.