Smartphones have become a necessary gadget to have.
They combine the power and performance of a cellphone and a computer, in a size that can fit in your pocket. Smartphones offer many features and advantages that help you save you time and money.
You can buy a mobile on EMI without credit card with MoneyTap’s mobile loan and enjoy its numerous benefits. Let’s see 7 ways a smartphone can benefit you.
How Smartphones Can Save you Money and Time:
1) Efficient Management of Time and Tasks
Smartphones give you the ability to manage your personal and professional time efficiently.
You can consider your smartphone as a multi-purpose personal digital assistant that helps you manage time and tasks with ease.
- The calendar and to-do apps help you organize important tasks and events.
- The note pad lets you jot down anything important, even when you are on the go
- The voice recorder helps you record your thoughts
- You can easily add or edit entries on the calendar and organization apps
2) Save Money
There are many smartphone apps that help you save money. For instance, you can:
- Use price comparison apps to check competitor prices for any product.
- Find discount coupons that you can use to buy products in a store or on an online platform.
- Use phone apps instead of carrying loyalty cards. The smartphone can store discount or loyalty cards that you retrieve quickly.
- Send free messages through different texting apps. You can even do a free audio or video call through various smartphone apps.
- Find the nearest ATM, grocery store, parking lot, etc., instead of having to travel long distances.
Moreover, you can download numerous budgeting apps on your smartphone which can help you make and track your budget.
3) Easy Navigation
If you have a smartphone, you won’t have to stop to ask for directions — in any city, anywhere in the world!
Smartphones generally have a built-in navigation app such as Google Maps for Android. Navigation apps not only give you directions to any place but also show whether you are traveling in the right direction or not.
This prevents you from getting lost or going the wrong way, thus saving you time.
4) Access to Information
Smartphones bring the wealth of global and local information right to your fingertips.
You can search for any information via the internet on a smartphone. For instance — you can find the working hours of any local business like a coffee shop, read product reviews, current affairs, etc.
5) Easy Banking and Financial Transaction
Gone are the days when you had to stand in the line to carry out any banking or financial transaction.
There are a number of apps that allow you to do the same from the comfort of your home. Install the apps on your iPhone or Android and tasks like transferring funds or checking the balance become easier.
Use the smartphone’s camera through the banking app and deposit a cheque from home. You can even pay utility and grocery bills through different apps. There are ways to send money to a friend for a group gift or split the lunch bill.
6) Managing Emails
Smartphones help you manage emails easily.
You won’t have to wait to log in on your computer to read, reply or delete emails. If you are waiting in line or traveling, open your mail on the smartphone and delete the unwanted emails or organize the inbox.
7) Booking Tickets
Planning to go for a movie or on a vacation? A smartphone allows you to book tickets easily.
You no longer have to stand in long lines to book tickets. You can even compare prices online and book the cheapest tickets.
Don’t have a smartphone yet? Make the switch to enjoy the numerous benefits it brings to the table. A smartphone adds immense value by saving you time and money.
Shiv Nanda is a financial analyst who currently lives in Bangalore (refusing to acknowledge the name change) and works with MoneyTap, India’s first app-based credit-line. Shiv is a true finance geek, and his friends love that. They always rely on him for advice on their investment choices, budgeting skills, personal financial matters and when they want to get a loan. He has made it his life’s mission to help and educate people on various financial topics, so email him your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.